Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Getting PDFs on your blog (for free).

Some sites, like Scribd.com, used to let you upload PDFs and share them for free. Uploads are still free, but my subscribers report that Scribd wants them to join and pay before allowing a download.

I was forced to come up with a new solution. Fortunately, one is available.

Upload the PDF to Google Drive and share from there.

Contrary to the article below, I was unable to embed my PDF, but I was able get a link and also to "share" it on Facebook. The link on Facebook did show the document, so it seems like an embed there at least.

UPDATE: I was able to get the embed code. It works great.

1. After clicking on the PDF while in Google drive
2. Look in the upper right hand corner of the frame. There is a little box icon with an arrow coming out of it. Click on that.
3. When it pops out into a new tab or window, click the button in the middle top of the window, that is the vertical dots. In that menu, select "Embed Item".

Here is how another article says an embed is supposed to work:

How to Display a PDF on Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment